Tuesday, February 9, 2010

When will we realize this...???

Today when I was traveling to office, I encountered and enlightened by an interesting incident.
I was traveling to my office from my home, and the distance would be somewhere around 11 km. While I was driving I saw a man and a dog on the road. The dog was so sensible (or so fearful) to cross the road. But the man was crossing the road, pointing the palm towards the vehicle coming towards him. He was expecting the people who are coming in some 30-45 kmph to stop, so as to cross the road. He was not cared about the no. of people who were stopping (and scolding) in front of him.
They dog waited till this happened and went on to cross the road when people were busy shouting at that man who crossed the road. I said this as an interesting incident at the starting of this passage, but it is also an embarrassing situation for us. Possibly the dog cared either for us or cared for itself. Either way, it was not disturbing others.
This is the attitude we don’t have now. We only care about us. I’m not saying that is not good. We don’t care about other people. I would say that is bad. But while caring about us, we’re hurting others in one way or the other. Now that’s pathetic.
Finally, anything which not affects others and which gives you happiness is good. Even a smile which affects others is a sin. When will we people realize that?

No comments: